Apple Launches New 'Behind the Mac' Ad Campaign
Apple today launched a new ad campaign focused on the Mac, carrying the tagline "Behind the Mac" and highlighting a trio of creators who have used Macs to "make something wonderful." There are four ads in the series, with the first, set to Daniel Johnston's "Story of an Artist," showing a variety of people using Macs as part of their creative processes.
Three other ads focus on specific Mac users from various disciplines:
- Photographer and disability advocate Bruce Hall, who is legally blind, uses his Mac and iPhone to help "see the things that always felt out of reach." Some of Hall's work is part of the permanent collection of the U.S. Library of Congress.
- Music artist Grimes uses a Mac "from start to finish" to write all of her music, edit music videos, and create digital art for her singles.
- App developer Peter Kariuki from Rwanda used his Mac to code the SafeMotos app for connecting passengers with safe motorcycle taxi drivers. The app monitors motorcyle riders on the road to "detect unsafe driving habits and help them become better drivers."
Apple has highlighted the campaign on its homepage and Mac section of its website.
Top Rated Comments
This is the state of the Mac.
* iMac Pro: 182 days ago
* iMac: 374 days ago
* MacBook: 374 days ago
* MacBook Air: 374 days ago
* MacBook Pro: 374 days ago
* Mac Pro: 436 days ago
* Mac Mini: 1337 days ago
And most of those “updates” were inconsequential bumps. Is it even ethical to be selling the Mac mini at this point?
Design decisions, e.g. 1 USB’s c port which is required for power, The ill-conceived touch bar, mindlessly making everything thinner over functionality, the nest of dongles, and again, those train wreck keyboards, etc., make the current line up worse than what they offered 3 years ago.
No amount of marketing or slick videos is going to fix how bad the hardware situation is, nor will it cover up Aaple’s unwillingness to regularly update the Mac line.
Apple is causing the decay of the Mac through their lack of care, and it breaks my heart.
In the mean time I just hope for a better mac next time...just hoping...
For 5 bloody years.