Satechi today announced the launch of a new USB Type-C Clamp Hub Pro, which is made from aluminum and designed to work with the latest iMac and iMac Pro machines.

satechiclamp1
Available in Silver or Space Gray, the Clamp Hub Pro plugs into one of the rear Thunderbolt 3 slots on the iMac or iMac Pro. It offers three USB 3.0 Type-A ports with 5Gb/s data transfer and a Micro/SD card reader.

satechiclamp2
Setting up the Clamp Hub takes just a few seconds using an adjustable knob, and its slim profile adds little additional visual bulk to the iMac. The Clamp Hub is compatible with the 2017 iMac Pro, the 2017 4K 21.5-inch iMac, and the 2017 5K 27-inch iMac.

satechiclamp3
The USB Type-C Clamp Hub Pro can be pre-ordered from the Satechi website for $49.99. It will start shipping out in the first week of January.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Satechi. When you click a link in this post and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Tag: Satechi

CarlJ Avatar
Very cool. Ordering one (minus the affiliate link).
I'm curious why you go out of your way to mention the last bit - is there a problem with letting MacRumors get a few cents, if it costs you nothing?

(Note to folks "liking" this post and the other popular one in this thread: I'm asking a question, not leveling an accusation. That's why I start off above with "I'm curious why" and not "How dare you".)
chriscrk Avatar
Very cool. Ordering one (minus the affiliate link).
We need a dislike button for guys like this.

Alternatively, like this post to show your disdain for this guys post :)
OldSchoolMacGuy Avatar
Very cool. Ordering one (minus the affiliate link).
TMRJIJ Avatar
Sexy. I would buy an iMac Pro just for that hub.
coolfactor Avatar
This looks like a dam-good product. I find front-facing ports to be truly valuable and a function that I use quite often. I guess I am not one who loves groping around in the back of their computer looking for an open port for the sake of aesthetics.
One wonders why Apple did not build this feature into the iMac Pro, a snap-down front-facing access port. I think they are addicted to the clean-front design and can’t see past it.
BMcCoy Avatar
If I had an iMac, I would buy this.
All my windows pcs have front facing USB ports, which I use a lot.
Even my monitors have easy-access side-facing USB ports.