Additionally, the companion iOS Nike+ Run Club app has been updated with a collection of features aimed at enhancing the connection between the app, Apple Watch Series 2, and watchOS 3. The app now supports the onboard GPS function of the Apple Watch, so when users go for a run without an iPhone and use the Nike+ Run Club watch app, GPS will still track the path, which will be viewable on both Apple Watch and iPhone following the workout.
New features for Apple Watch watchOS 3 users also include:
- Bold display of your running metrics at a glance
- Hear audio readouts right from your watch
- Smart invitations to run, personalized for you
- Schedule run reminders to keep you motivated
- Start, Pause, Resume and End your run with Siri
Nike+ Run Club is available to download for free from the App Store [Direct Link], and the company notes that iOS 10 is required for the new update, while watchOS 3.1 is recommended for best results when running with the Apple Watch.