The Best Black Friday Deals on Macs, iPads, iPhones, Apple Watch, and More
With the Thanksgiving holiday well underway in the United States, Black Friday deals at both online and brick and mortar stores are starting to go live. Many major retail stores like Target, Best Buy, and Walmart will be opening up in the early evening, and most online-only deals are already live.
We've rounded up a few of the absolute best deals that can be had on products like the iPad, iPhone, MacBook, iMac, and Apple Watch below, and even more deals can be found in our full Black Friday roundup, which has a long list of retailers that are offering discounts.
Both Target and Best Buy are offering Apple Watch deals. At Best Buy, the Apple Watch is up to $100 off, with a $50 discount for Apple Watch Sport models and a $100 discount for stainless steel Apple Watch models.
Target is offering a $100 Target gift card with the full price purchase of any Apple Watch or Apple Watch Sport.
With the purchase of an iPhone 6s or 6s Plus on a device installment payment plan from Verizon, Sprint, or AT&T, Target is offering customers a $250 Target gift card.
With the purchase of an iPhone 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, or 6s Plus using AT&T Next or a Verizon device payment plan, Walmart is offering $200 off in the form of a $100 bill credit and a $100 Walmart gift card.
iPad Air 2
There are a lot of deals available on the iPad Air 2, with discounts as high as $150 off.
Sam's Club is discounting its entire stock of iPad Air 2 models by $150, dropping the price of the entry-level Wi-Fi only iPad Air 2 to $349.
Staples is selling the 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad Air 2 at a $150 discount, dropping the price to $449. The 16GB Wi-Fi only model is available at a $125 discount, dropping the price to $374.
Best Buy is selling the 16 and 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad Air 2 at a $100 discount, dropping the price to $399 and $499, respectively. The 128GB Wi-Fi only model is available at a $125 discount, dropping the price to $574.
For those who would prefer a gift card to a straight cash deal, Target is offering a $150 Target gift card with the purchase of any iPad Air 2 model.
iPad mini 4
Best Buy is selling the 64 and 128GB Wi-Fi only iPad mini 4 at a discount of $100, dropping the price to $399 and $499, respectively.
Staples is selling the 16GB Wi-Fi only iPad mini 4 for $299, a $100 discount off the regular price of $399.
For those who would prefer a gift card to a straight cash deal, Target is offering a $100 Target gift card with the purchase of any iPad mini 4 model.
While Adorama and MacMall are offering $100 discounts on the 12-inch Retina MacBook, Best Buy and B&H Photos deals are the best, dropping prices by as much as $200.
- 1.1GHz/8GB/256GB Gold - $1,179, $120 off
- 1.1GHz/8GB/256GB Silver - $1,149, $150 off
- 1.1GHz/8GB/256GB Space Gray - $1,179, $120 off
- 1.2GHz/8GB/512GB Gold - $1,429, $170 off
- 1.2GHz/8GB/512GB Silver - $1,429, $170 off
- 1.2GHz/8GB/512GB Space Gray - $1,399, $200 off
Best Buy and B&H Photo have the best prices on stock MacBook Air models. For non-stock models, MacMall is offering $81 off to $100 off.
- 11-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/128GB - $774, $125 off
- 11-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/256GB - $979, $120 off
- 13-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/128GB - $879, $120 off
- 13-inch 1.6GHz/4GB256GB - $1,079, $120 off
B&H Photo, MacMall, and Best Buy all have deals on Macs, with the lowest prices on stock configurations listed below. MacMall has discounts on a wide range of non-stock models, with $150 to $250 off.
- 13-inch 2.7GHz/8GB/128GB - $1,179, $150 off
- 13-inch 2.7GHz/8GB/256GB (Best Buy) (B&H Photo) (MacMall) - $1,349.99, $150 off
- 13-inch 2.9GHz/8GB/512GB - $1,599, $200 off
- 15-inch 2.2GHz/16GB/256GB - $1,699, $300 off
- 15-inch 2.5GHz/16GB/512GB - $2,149, $350 off
On stock iMac models, Best Buy, B&H Photo, and MacMall have some of the best deals available. For non-stock configurations, MacMall is offering discounts between $101 and $201.
- 21.5-inch 1.6GHz/8GB/1TB - $899, $200 off
- 21.5-inch 2.8GHz/8GB/1TB (B&H Photo) (MacMall) - $1,179, $120 off
- 21.5-inch 4K 3.1GHz/8GB/1TB - $1,299, $200 off
- 27-inch 5K 3.2GHz/8GB/1TB - $1,599, $200 off
- 27-inch 5K 3.2GHz/8GB/1TB Fusion (B&H Photo) (MacMall) - $1,799, $200 off
- 27-inch 5K/3.3GHz/2TB Fusion - $2,029, $250 off
As a doorbuster deal, Target is offering 25 percent off all Apple TVs. Supplies for this deal are likely to be limited.
- iPods - $50 off
- Beats by Dre Powerbeats - $99.99, $100 off
- Pebble Time - $129.99, $70 off
- Fitbit Charge HR - $119 $30 off
- Beats Solo 2 headphones - $97, $103 off
- Fantastical for iPhone - $2.99, 40 percent off
- Fantastical for iPad - $4.99, 50 percent off
- VMware Fusion Pro - $119 to purchase/$71.99 to upgrade, 40 percent off
- VMware Fusion 8 - $55.99 to buy/$34.99 to upgrade, 30 percent off
- VMware upgrades from Parallels - 55 percent off
- VMware Fusion Pro and Workstation Pro bundle - $224.98, 50 percent off
- Adobe Premiere Elements 14 - $59.99, 39 percent off
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 - $59.99, 39 percent off
- Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac - $99, $34 off
- Pixelmator for Mac - $14.99, 50 percent off
- Pixelmator for iPhone - $1.99, 50 percent off
- Parallels - $79. Comes with 7 free apps, including 1Password and Evernote Premium
Make sure to check out the Black Friday roundup for specific times on when retail stores will open and more information on each of the deals listed above.
MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors.
Top Rated Comments
Target, Sams, and Staples, the ones with $150 off the iPad, had no iPad Air 2s as of about 10-11am today in any size, Thanksgiving day. That's insane to even advertise a deal you dont have enough for even 2 hours to sell. So pretty much nothing left for Black Friday itself when that's the whole point of the sale; or likely Cyber Monday. Just bad planning by these stores not to have more ready for the biggest shopping day of the year; which hasn't even hit yet!
Even worse everytime you refresh the Staples selection it shows some in stock and you hit add to cart and out of stock. Their website isn't even working correctly to show out of stock items.
Deals are just a waste of time unless you want to wake up at 6am Thanksgiving day. And they're not getting people into stores anymore when you can go online to buy other items like they used to.
Guess I'll wait for the Air 3 instead of buying an Air 2 today.
Normal people with a life pretty much have no chance of getting Apple products on sale.
Got up at 4 a.m. and upon arriving at 5:30 a.m. at the local Walmart, a double line of at least 50 yards had already formed around the building.
Gave up there, but a hot tip was that Kaybee toys (remember them?) in a nearby mall had some Furbys.
Quickly drove over there to see a very short line. Got in line, but it turned out they were only giving tickets for Furbys to the first 25 people which they let in one at a time. (They did not mention how many tickets they were going to give out)
Drove to another Walmart to just witness a stampede and people fighting to get the cheap 3 TVs, Furbys etc.
I returned laughing at myself for being so dumb and swore to NEVER again fall for ANY hype of an allegedly hyped shortage of anything. (Hence , I can wait for new iPhone models forever, until there is ample supply)
There was some less regret/embarrasment since I only did it for my daughters. They did eventually get their Furbys and true to form being kids after a few days of playing with them, they got annoyed at the permanent talking and put them into a dark closet.
Many years later, while moving I found them again and they still talk.
So, no thank you , don't want to buy any, but maybe my (I know lengthy) story can help some people to realize that black Friday is business manipulation at it's finest for gullible people.
Congrats to the few that are successful, but I'd rather sleep and more so have peace of mind,knowing I am not missing anything.
Happy holidays and bargain hunting to all!.
Yesterday I was watching this and it was $1850, special one day deal today for $1599, no sales tax too from B & H. I was a fence sitter but this deal got me to jump off. these are still $2079 in the refurb at apple right now.
B&H photo new 15" rMBP 16gb ram/512gb drive/dgpu
hope you get to get in on it!