Best Buy is currently offering a $50 discount Apple's Retina iPad mini as part of a Grad sale, dropping the price of the entry-level tablet to $349. Combined with a student deal that offers an additional $50 off, it's possible to get a Retina iPad mini for as little as $300.

retinaminidiscount
The combined $100 discount is good on any Retina iPad mini, cellular and WiFi and with all storage capacities. To take advantage of the full deal, a valid .EDU email address is required, but prospective buyers without an .EDU email address can still get a $50 discount on any Retina iPad mini.

The $50 grad sale will last from June 19 to June 21, while the $50 student discount will last until July 12.

Best Buy's deep student discounts on 2014 MacBook Air models are still ongoing as well, dropping the price of the entry-level MacBook Air down to $649 with an .EDU email address. Students can also get $150 off any Mac by taking advantage of Best Buy's student deals.

MacRumors is an affiliate partner of Best Buy.

Yvan256 Avatar
Even if someone only looks at the sticker price and knows nothing about iOS vs Android, at this price the mid-range Android tablets don't stand a chance.
iolinux333 Avatar
Just a reminder: the wifi only iPads DO NOT have GPS on board.
edgonzalez32 Avatar
Never knew Macrumors were getting paid for these stories ;)
Who cares? There's no way I would've known about this otherwise. I just found a good reason to get an iPad now.
stiligFox Avatar
Man, I gotta say that 16GB is pretty useless though. I mean, I understand everyone's usage is different but my 128GB iPad mini R is over half full... 16GB is barely enough for a couple games these days. At least the discount is good on any iPad mini though!

[EDIT] Useless may be the wrong word, but small for these days is a better fit... Sorry about that!
DarwinOSX Avatar

The funny thing is not everyone in the world is you...plenty of people will be fine with 16. I'm good with 32 myself.

----------

Almost tempted to buy one to upgrade my iPad 2, but I am uncomfortable with buying one that doesn't have 4G on it. I rarely ever use it, but when I have needed it, I was happy to have that option.

Yeah gotta have the 4G. It's just way too handy and is only another $10 on the Verizon plan.
nepalisherpa Avatar
So tempting at that price! :p