App Store and iTunes Store Currently Down for Some Users [Updated]
Apple's iTunes Store and App Store appear to be down for many users on both iOS devices and desktops, with attempts to access the stores resulting in one of several error messages such as "Cannot Connect to App Store" and "The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store."
Issues seem to have begun this morning, as several users noted an inability to download the Skype app following its release. Some users attempting to download the app received a message indicating the app was no longer available for download.
The iTunes Store does not appear to be loading content for affected users, with the Music, Movies, TV Shows Books, App Store, and Podcasts section of iTunes all giving error messages. Search remains functional on the desktop, however.
For the App Store, some users are having trouble loading multiple sections, including Featured, Top Charts, and Near Me, while other users are able to access certain sections like Top Charts. The Purchased and Update tabs appear functional, with the Purchased tab able to download apps. Search is down on the App Store on iOS devices.
The Apple TV also appears to be experiencing issues, with the Movies and TV sections missing and inaccessible.
Apple's System Status page is not currently reporting any outages.
Update 2:00 PM PT: Apple says that the iTunes and App Store outage has been resolved.
Top Rated Comments
* Steve Jobs is rolling in his urn!
* This never would have happened if Steve Jobs were alive!
* Really, Apple? Really?! Wow, just... Wow.
* Further proof Apple has gone downhill.
* Figures, more articles on iOS and nothing about any new Macs coming out.
* (Something about how awesome Android is.)
Did I miss anything?
- I don't believe Tim Cook's new products anymore
- 1GB of RAM ain't enough
- This is what you get for having assembly lines in China
- Final proof that the iWatch is going to be released. Today.
- and the most important of all : "Analists predict that service will be restored in the near or far future."
And don't forget a new, 100% random, mockup of a new GUI for iTunes.
Today's outage never happened. These are not the droids you're looking for.