notabilityPopular note taking app Notability has been named Apple's App of the Week, and as a result, it is available as a free download for the first time since it was released in 2011.

Notability allows users to make sketches, take notes, annotate documents, sign contracts, record lectures, and more. It supports input via a finger or stylus and includes palm rejection to make note taking easier.

In addition to touch-based input, the app has a built-in text editor and it also has the ability to record audio. Notability lets users import documents in a wide variety of formats, including PDF, DOC, and PPT.

Notability is a universal app and it has iCloud support, so notes can be transferred between the iPad and the iPhone. It also has support for several different services, including Dropbox, Box, and Google Drive.

Welcome to Notability, a powerful note-taker on iPad and iPhone: sketch ideas, annotate documents, sign contracts, complete worksheets, keep a journal, record a lecture, jot travel notes, or teach a class. With iCloud support, your notes always travel with you!

Write, illustrate and annotate using gorgeous ink. Notability's zoom window helps you quickly and clearly draw every detail, while the palm rest protects your notes from unwanted marks. Choose the right pen and paper for any project.

As Apple's App of the Week, Notability will be available as a free download from the App Store for the next seven days. [Direct Link]

DTphonehome Avatar
Never tried it but the icon is 1,000,000 times better than Notes on iOS 7! Long live Notes iOS 6!

WHAT?!! Noooo! I paid 99 cents for it just two years ago!!!
CrazyForApple Avatar
I downloaded right away since I didn't think it was worth paying for before. I was wrong
Carlanga Avatar
WHAT?!! Noooo! I paid 99 cents for it just two years ago!!!

you should request a refund STAT!!!!!! Don't forget to adjust for inflation

lol
TantalizedMind Avatar
KylePowers Avatar
I kid you not, I used this app everyday in college.

I studied electrical engineering, and it was fantastic for writing notes, writing equations, drawing diagrams, switching between different colors, annotating PDFs, importing images, doing voice recordings, etc. It was super easy to organize everything and all my material backed up automatically to Dropbox. My iPad was all I ever brought to class (since I had pdf versions of textbooks imported into this app as well!).

10/10 recommend. The only issue I found is that having the right stylus is key to using this app (or any hand-writing app for that matter) successfully. I haven't been in the stylus game for about a year now, but I swore by this: http://www.justgosmart.com/200m#200-m-series
TantalizedMind Avatar
WHAT?!! Noooo! I paid 99 cents for it just two years ago!!!

Why'd you quote me? lol