Junecloud has updated its popular delivery notification app Delivery Status touch to version 5.1, bringing a revamped notification system, a large number of fixes, support for new features, and more.

The app now includes a revamped background notification system that informs users of packages in transit more frequently and makes non-essential updates less frequent, with badges now representing all notifications. Support for Bluetooth keyboard shortcuts, manual sorting, and swipe to delete while searching is also included, along with various bug fixes that address issues with iOS 7.1, AirDrop, and iCloud.

deliverystatustouch_ios7

- Improved background notifications—updates are more frequent when they’re needed, less frequent when they’re not. We’ve also gotten rid of some unnecessary notifications, and fixed some problems where notifications weren’t appearing when they should.
- Badges are now shown for background notifications. If you don’t want them, just open the Settings app, tap Notification Center, find Deliveries in the list, and update your settings there.
- “Delivered” notifications now start with a checkmark to make them immediately clear.
- Manual sorting is back.
- The “…” menu now includes an option to Archive—or Delete for already archived items.
- You can now type a space in the search field to show everything.

- You can now swipe to delete an archived delivery while searching.

- Keyboard shortcuts for Bluetooth keyboards in iOS 7. ⌘N: add a new delivery. ⌘F: search. ⎋: close the current view or cancel search.

- iCloud improvements.
- Fixed various display quirks on iOS 7.1.

Originally launched in 2008, Delivery Status touch saw its last major update this past October which added a redesigned interface for iOS 7 and new features such as background notifications for tracking info, iCloud sync, and barcode scanning.

Delivery Status touch is a $4.99 app for iOS devices and can be downloaded through the App Store. [Direct Link]

Aluminum213 Avatar
One of the best apps available
boshii Avatar
This is one of the greatest apps on my phone.

I've been using it for years and have had no complaints. Very useful and well designed.
turtlebud Avatar
I bought this app in 2008 for $0.99. That was version 2.0 and it is now on version 5.1. The developer has been top notch in my opinion. He has delivered major releases without asking for me to "upgrade" - they have all been free. The universal version was also a free upgrade. It's nice that he take care of the earlier adopters.

This is a welcome change from many app developers that charge you for major updates to their app or iPad versions.

I have been very happy with this app and while I am curious about slice, I have no need to switch. For those that did not buy the app way back when, $5 may be too much to pay for an app that tracks your packages, when there are cheaper/free alternatives out there. But I just wanted to lend my support to the developer because I think many people don't know the history of behind this app.
octothorpe8 Avatar
They also make an OS X dashboard widget that syncs perfectly with the app and pushes notifications to your desktop as well.
sinsin07 Avatar
Stopped using it. Slice is more convenient.
kds1 Avatar
I use this app frequently. Love it. Great app. Developer is top notch.

----------

I think I bought it for free or reduced price. It was just in the last year. Yes, it's a great app!