Apple's Beats brand in April unveiled the Powerbeats Pro, a redesigned wire-free version of its popular fitness-oriented Powerbeats earbuds.
Several Top Apps Go Free Ahead of App Store's Fifth Anniversary [Updated]
While no specific announcement regarding the sales has been given, Wednesday marks the App Store's fifth anniversary and it is possible that Apple will be rolling out a special promotion in honor of the occasion. With no additional information available, it is currently unknown how long these sales will last.
Among the popular titles noticed so far:
- BADLAND, regularly $3.99 [Direct Link]
- Barefoot World Atlas, regularly $4.99 [Direct Link]
- Day One, regularly $4.99 [Direct Link]
- How to Cook Everything, regularly $9.99 [Direct Link]
- Infinity Blade II, regularly $6.99 [Direct Link]
- Over, regularly $1.99 [Direct Link]
- Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, regularly $4.99 [Direct Link]
- Traktor DJ, regularly $19.99) [Direct Link]
- Traktor DJ for iPhone, regularly $4.99 [Direct Link]
- Tiny Wings, regularly $0.99 [Direct Link]
- Tiny Wings HD, regularly $2.99 [Direct Link]
- Where's My Water?, regularly $0.99 [Direct Link]
Last week, Apple sent out commemorative posters to members of the media in celebration of the App Store's fifth anniversary, and less than two months ago Apple celebrated 50 billion downloads since the store's opening.
Update: Apple has now officially launched its "5 Years of the App Store" promotion [App Store link] featuring the above apps.
From the 500 apps available at launch in 2008 to the more than 900,000 at your fingertips today, it's been a remarkably prolific five years for the App Store. To celebrate, we're giving everyone five landmark games and five groundbreaking apps for a limited time. Plus, look back at the key moments that have made the App Store the world's most innovative destination for apps.
The feature also includes a timeline of milestones similar to that seen on the promotional posters sent to members of the media last week.