Amazon today launched Amazon Cloud Drive Photos, an iOS app designed to give Amazon Cloud users a way to access, view, and manage cloud photos from the iPhone.
With the app, users can both upload iPhone photos to their accounts and browse existing photos. Photos can be queued for download and uploaded automatically whenever the Cloud Drive app is opened.
- Store and secure thousands of photos in your Amazon Cloud Drive
- Protect your memories – photos from your iPhone or iPod touch are automatically saved to Cloud Drive whenever the app is running
- Have access to your entire photo collection in the Amazon Cloud, even those that aren't in your Camera Roll
- View your photo albums in stunning layouts from your iPhone or iPod touch
- Share your Cloud Drive photos on Facebook, Twitter, and through e-mail
Photos stored in Amazon's cloud can be viewed through the iOS app or through a browser, which gives Amazon Cloud Photos a slight boost over competing Apple service Photo Stream. Like many other cloud services, access to Amazon's Cloud Drive is free, with 5GB of storage included. Additional storage space costs $0.50 per gigabyte per year.