Credit card processing company Square has updated its Register app with a number of new features to make it easier to use in restaurants, as well as speeding up checkout in other types of retail businesses.
For the iPad edition, restaurants can attach a customer's name to their order, as well as customize orders with modifiers like "no pickles" -- and the app also has gained the ability to connect to Bluetooth barcode scanners for retail outlets.
New on iPhone:
- Item library: Add items to a sale with a tap. Build your item library to simplify and speed up checkout. Customize items with photos, names, and prices.
- Smarter payment pad: Add multiple custom amounts to a sale, add notes to each amount, and view or edit all amounts in one place before charging.
- Custom Tipping: Allow customers to enter custom tip amounts.
- New look: Ring up customers and edit settings more easily than ever with an all-new design.
New on iPad:
- Easy order modifiers: Customize orders at the counter and send them to your kitchen while your line keeps moving.
- Customizable kitchen tickets: Include a custom name or number on each kitchen ticket.
- Barcode scanning: Sync your Bluetooth barcode scanner with Square Register to speed up your checkout.
Square can be used by a variety of businesses to take credit card payments on the go or at fixed locations.