Apple Releasing iOS 6 Beta Build 10A5316k and Safari 6 Developer Preview at WWDC?
A post [Google translation] from the staff of Chinese forum WeiPhone.com claims to share a host of official Apple download links for tomorrow's software releases. While the links are not currently active, they include iOS 6 beta build 10A5316k for a variety of devices, as well as a developer preview of Safari 6 for OS X Lion.
The accuracy of the claim can not be confirmed given that the links are not yet pointing to the files, but clicking on the links does take users to an error page stating "Your session has expired." Altering the URLs to reference a different build number or making other changes yields an "Access denied" error message, suggesting that there is indeed something unique about the leaked URLs.
A similar list of links addressing last year's downloads also leaked out just as Apple's WWDC 2011 keynote was getting underway.
Assuming that the list is accurate and complete as far as iOS 6 beta is concerned, it appears that Apple will not be including support for the original iPad in its next-generation operating system. In addition, Apple appears to be dropping support for the third-generation iPod touch.
The full list of links includes:
- Consumer: Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM), WiFi + Cellular (CDMA)
- Enterprise: Wi-Fi, WiFi + Cellular (GSM), WiFi + Cellular (CDMA)
- Consumer: Wi-Fi, WiFi + 3G (GSM), WiFi + 3G (CDMA), Revised Wi-Fi
- Enterprise: Wi-Fi, WiFi + 3G (GSM), WiFi + 3G (CDMA), Revised Wi-Fi
- Consumer: 4S, 4 (GSM), 4 (CDMA), 3GS
- Enterprise: 4S, 4 (GSM), 4 (CDMA), 3GS
- Consumer: 4th Generation
- Enterprise: 4th Generation
- Consumer: 2nd Generation, 3rd Generation
- iOS 6 Beta Guide (PDF)
- Installing Apple TV Software (PDF)
- Consumer: Safari 6 Developer Preview for Lion, Uninstaller
It is unclear whether the leaked list is intended to cover all of Apple's software releases for tomorrow, but we would also expect a new build of OS X Mountain Lion to appear as Apple moves closer to a public release.
(Thanks to @xystudioo on sina weibo!)
Top Rated Comments
I guess you'll be pissed.
True. And keep in mind that even if iOS 6 is available for the 3GS, that does not mean all new features will be compatible as well!
I'd like to see as many devices supported as possible, but it does make sense to do it this way.