Apple's Beats brand in April unveiled the Powerbeats Pro, a redesigned wire-free version of its popular fitness-oriented Powerbeats earbuds.
MacBook Pro Updates
Early iPad Reviews: NYTimes, USA Today, All Things D, Sun Times, ABC Video
David Pogue / New York Times
Pogue attacks the iPad from two different perspectives: techie and "everyone else". If you're a techie, Pogue says that a laptop will do more for less money. But, if you like the concept of the iPad, "you'll love the machine". Pogue did test the iPad's battery life and found it could play movies continuously for over 12 hours.
Walt Mossberg / All Things D
- "a whole new type of computer"
- Mossberg found the iPad a "pleasure to use" and had less and less interest in using his laptop the longer he used it, reserving their use for writing/editing longer documents or watching Flash-requiring web videos.
- Impressed by the battery life which was longer than Apple's 10 hour claim.
- No trouble with the on screen keyboard.
- Pages is a "serious" content creation app but only exports to Word and not always accurately.
Edward Baig / USA Today
- "The first iPad is a winner."
- Onscreen keyboard fine for emails or quick notes, but not for lengthy articles.
- Most will use the iPad for consuming content rather than creating it.
- "Apple has pretty much nailed it with this first iPad, though there's certainly room for improvement."
Andy Inhatko / Chicago Sun Times
- "The iPad user experience is instantly compelling and elegant."
- "It feels more as if the iPad is filling a gap thats existed for quite some time."