Early iPad Reviews: NYTimes, USA Today, All Things D, Sun Times, ABC Video
The early iPad reviews are in from those seeded with pre-release units from Apple. The general conclusion seems to be very positive but with the well known limitations (no Flash, no USB, no multitasking, etc...). Apps are to be a big differentiator for the iPad and an early list of iPad apps are available on AppShopper.
David Pogue / New York Times
Pogue attacks the iPad from two different perspectives: techie and "everyone else". If you're a techie, Pogue says that a laptop will do more for less money. But, if you like the concept of the iPad, "you'll love the machine". Pogue did test the iPad's battery life and found it could play movies continuously for over 12 hours.
Walt Mossberg / All Things D
- "a whole new type of computer"
- Mossberg found the iPad a "pleasure to use" and had less and less interest in using his laptop the longer he used it, reserving their use for writing/editing longer documents or watching Flash-requiring web videos.
- Impressed by the battery life which was longer than Apple's 10 hour claim.
- No trouble with the on screen keyboard.
- Pages is a "serious" content creation app but only exports to Word and not always accurately.
Edward Baig / USA Today
- "The first iPad is a winner."
- Onscreen keyboard fine for emails or quick notes, but not for lengthy articles.
- Most will use the iPad for consuming content rather than creating it.
- "Apple has pretty much nailed it with this first iPad, though there's certainly room for improvement."
Andy Inhatko / Chicago Sun Times
- "The iPad user experience is instantly compelling and elegant."
- "It feels more as if the iPad is filling a gap thats existed for quite some time."
The standard 41mm and 45mm models of the Apple Watch Series 8 will feature the same design as the Apple Watch Series 7, according to Twitter user @ShrimpApplePro, who was first to reveal that iPhone 14 Pro models would feature a new pill-and-hole display.
Titanium will not be an option for the standard Apple Watch Series 8 models either, according to @ShrimpApplePro, but Bloomberg's Mark...
With August upon us, the countdown is officially on. We're just weeks away from when we're expecting Apple to announce the iPhone 14 lineup. Rumors of the next iPhone start early in the year, and as a result, some details about the upcoming device sometimes get lost in the crowd.
Exclusive MacRumors iPhone 14 Pro renders by graphic designer Ian Zelbo To help MacRumors readers, we've created a ...
Android-based smartphone company OnePlus today announced the launch of its newest device, the OnePlus 10T, which we were able to check out ahead of time. The OnePlus 10T, priced starting at $649, boasts upgraded camera technology, so we thought we'd pit it against the iPhone 13 Pro Max to see just how it measures up.
Subscribe to the MacRumors YouTube channel for more videos. The OnePlus 10T...
You've probably experienced visiting a website like Reddit or LinkedIn on your iPhone only to be greeted with an annoying, almost full-screen pop-up urging you to view the content in their app instead of on the website.
It's a common practice for websites that have accompanying iOS apps to push users to open (if they already have the app installed) or download their app from the App Store to ...
Apple Watch Edition models are beginning to sell out just weeks before the Apple Watch Series 8 lineup is expected to be announced.
Several of the high-end Apple Watch Series 7 models with titanium casings are listed as "currently unavailable" on Apple's online store in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and select other countries. In the United States, availability of 41mm...