Earlier this month, Navigon introduced holiday pricing on a number of international versions of its popular MobileNavigator series of GPS navigation applications for the iPhone. Late last week, Navigon followed suit on MobileNavigator North America [App Store], dropping the price from $89.99 to $59.99 through January 11th.
The price drop comes alongside an update to the application, bringing it to Version 1.4 and adding quicker start-up time, integration with Google Local Search, and a number of other features.
- Enhanced Pedestrian Navigation
- Google Local Search
- Coordinate Input
- Turn-by-Turn RouteList
- Manual zooming in 2D and 3D while navigation
- Favorites are being displayed in the map
- Country Info when crossing borders
- Switch between "Music" and "Audiobook" mode for iPod playback
- Phonebook contacts can be selected as interim destinations
- Using contact groups in the phonebook is now possible
- Faster start up time
- Traffic messages can be easily browsed by sliding the screens
Navigon is not the only high-profile GPS iPhone developer to offer discounted pricing for the holidays, as TomTom introduced a U.S.-only application at discounted pricing earlier this month and quickly followed with sale pricing on its broader TomTom U.S. & Canada version.