Apple's Beats brand in April unveiled the Powerbeats Pro, a redesigned wire-free version of its popular fitness-oriented Powerbeats earbuds.
iPhone 2.1 Reactions and Additional Features
While Apple has provided a official changelog of new features and fixes, forum user justinomg has compiled an extensive list (with screenshots) of additional undocumented changes in the latest iPhone firmware.
Some of these findings include:
- Pause application installations by tapping on the icon.
- Triple clicking on the headset button goes to the previous track
- Podcasts listings indicate partially listened to items.
- iPod song listings show artist and album name
- Improved compatibility with certain bluetooth headsets.
Additionally, some 3rd party apps have had compatibility issues with the 2.1 firmware. A list of affected apps has been compiled by yoman.
Only one feature that was originally promised for a September release has not yet been delivered: "Push" notifications. These notifications would allow dormant 3rd party applications to process and display background events. Apple removed the feature from late iPhone 2.1 developer releases and has given no indication when it would be reintroduced.