Apple is separating the new smartphones into its usual low-cost versus high-cost categories, with big differences between the two models coming down to the camera, display, and battery life.
iOS 13 & watchOS 6 Now Available
iPhone 2.1 Reactions and Additional Features
While Apple has provided a official changelog of new features and fixes, forum user justinomg has compiled an extensive list (with screenshots) of additional undocumented changes in the latest iPhone firmware.
Some of these findings include:
- Pause application installations by tapping on the icon.
- Triple clicking on the headset button goes to the previous track
- Podcasts listings indicate partially listened to items.
- iPod song listings show artist and album name
- Improved compatibility with certain bluetooth headsets.
Additionally, some 3rd party apps have had compatibility issues with the 2.1 firmware. A list of affected apps has been compiled by yoman.
Only one feature that was originally promised for a September release has not yet been delivered: "Push" notifications. These notifications would allow dormant 3rd party applications to process and display background events. Apple removed the feature from late iPhone 2.1 developer releases and has given no indication when it would be reintroduced.