Apple Q3 Conference Call Highlights
Via webcast conference call, Apple stated its financial earnings today over fiscal 2004 third quarter ended June 26, 2004:
- Highest Q3 in 8 years
- $61 Million profit on revenue of $2 Billion
- Highest quartely shipment of macs
- iBook 240K, iMac 220K, 416K desktops
- Apple Retail Stores now total 80 with $270 million revenue
- Cash up to $4.96 billion. Apple is a debt-free company
- 2004 total revenue should exceed US$8 billion
- iMac G5 CONFIRMED by Apple CFO Peter Oppenheimer (Previously Rumored)
- 860,000 iPods sold in Q2 - up 183% from same period last year
- Demand on iPod mini expected to "visibly outstrip supply" through end of the year
- iTunes Music Store generated a small profit
- hPod: HP will ship "this summer"
- Office Depot authorized to sell online. No plan to extend to retail stores
- Best Buy and Apple work well with iPod sales. No plans to increase working together on CPU sales
- Xserve G5s sold 13K units - a quarterly record for Apple
- As Euro iTunes Music Store launched, Euro iPod sales increased as well
- Over 13,000 retail outlets for iPod. More people want to sell it than Apple has supply to provide
Oppenheimer said that Apple typically does not talk about unannounced products, but IBM's G5 manufacturing problems are also at fault for the new iMac delay.
An overview of the contents of the call have been made available in a press release.
Although Black Friday is now technically over, many Apple products are still seeing major discounts through the weekend as we head into Cyber Monday. In this article, you'll find every Apple device with a notable Black Friday sale that's still available. We'll be updating as prices change and new deals arrive, so be sure to keep an eye out if you don't see the sale you're looking for yet.
Cellular carriers have always offered big savings on the newest iPhone models during the holidays, and Cyber Monday is no different. We're tracking notable offers on the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro devices from AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile. For even more savings, keep an eye on older models like the iPhone 13.
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a...
Nothing Phone 1 users today began receiving the Nothing OS 1.1.7 update, which adds support for displaying the battery percentage of connected AirPods, amongst other improvements and bug fixes.
If you own a Nothing Phone 1, you can check for the OTA update by going to Settings -> System -> System updates. Bear in mind that as support for displaying AirPods battery level is still an...
Cyber Monday deals have been in full swing since Black Friday deals ended, and we're seeing solid discounts on Apple devices. We're highlighting the best sales for all of Apple's product lines, and in this article you'll find the best Cyber Monday sales on iPad, iPad Pro, iPad Air, and iPad mini.
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make ...
An Apple engineer has addressed the lack of lossless audio support in the second-generation AirPods Pro in a new interview. Current Bluetooth technology in the AirPods lineup means that Apple's audio products do not support Apple Music Lossless audio. Apple has previously hinted that it may develop its own codec and connectivity standard that builds on AirPlay and supports higher quality...
The Black Friday and Cyber Monday holiday shopping rush is drawing to a close, but there are still some good deals to be had out there. For Apple products, many of the deals you've seen since last week are still available, though some have expired. So for anyone who missed out on Black Friday deals, there's still an opportunity to get some of the year's best prices on many Apple devices.
Apple today announced that the Oceanic+ app is available for the Apple Watch Ultra starting today. Designed by Huish Outdoors in collaboration with Apple, the app serves as a dive computer for recreational scuba diving at depths up to 40 meters/130 feet.
Apple already offers a basic Depth app on the Apple Watch Ultra for viewing your current depth, maximum depth reached, water temperature,...
While we already have some clear indications about what to expect from the fourth-generation iPhone SE, there are three major questions looming over the device at the current time.
Chinese site MyDrivers and and leaker Jon Prosser believe that the iPhone SE is set to move to an iPhone XR-like design in its next incarnation, which would involve eliminating the Home button and adding a "notch" ...