Last Minute Rumors and Notes
- AppleInsider posted a new cryptic article today, but it should not be overanalyzed:
Sorry guys. The article was written quickly today. I don't have much time these days. I think people are trying to read between the lines when there is nothing there, or maybe the articles aren't clear enough. But I by no means meant to imply that the intel bit, or even the xserve bit, had any relevance to the WWDC.
- Several users have submitted regarding MacMice's reference to the PPC970 PowerBook - MacMice and MacWhispers are run by the same person, so this simply represents a rehash of those rumors rather than any new information.
- Historically, certain retailers have posted teasers prior to events without any specific knowledge of upcoming releases. Cancom's teaser (Page 2) is felt to represent this phenomenon. Please see that thread for details.
-ThinkSecret has noted some minor software updates coming in the future (iDVD, iPod Software, and AirPort software.)
- iTunes for Windows Alpha reports have floated around. No clear indications that this is a real leak, as there is only minimal functionality.
- If any readers have direct access to the satellite feed, please contact us.
- Multiple reports have indicated the PowerMac Photo is not real, but there is an curious new Page 2 report.
Apple's second-generation AirPods Pro are finally nearing launch, with a release expected later this year. If you are considering upgrading to the new AirPods Pro once they are released, keep reading for a list of five new features to expect.
In addition to all-new features, the second-generation AirPods Pro will likely adopt some features added to the standard AirPods last year.
There's just about a month to go until Apple holds its annual September event focusing on new iPhone and Apple Watch models. We thought we'd take a quick look at everything that's rumored for Apple's September event to give MacRumors readers a rundown on what to expect when the first fall event rolls around.
The iPhone 14 can probably be described more as an "iPhone 13S" because...
Apple's rumored 10th-generation iPad is currently in production and will feature "major" design changes, according to a report from Taiwanese website DigiTimes.
A mockup of the potential 10th-generation iPad design by Renders By Shailesh The report did not provide any specific details about the 10th-generation iPad's new design, but rumors suggest the device will feature a larger 10.5-inch...
Apple today seeded the sixth betas of upcoming iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 updates to developers for testing purposes, with the updates coming a week after Apple released the fifth developer betas.
Registered developers can download the iOS and iPadOS 16 profiles from the Apple Developer Center, and once installed, the betas will be available over the air.
iOS 16 introduces a revamped Lock...
The Apple Watch SE was announced in September 2020 and has been a popular Apple Watch model for customers looking for their first smartwatch or an affordable Apple Watch. Apple Watch SE customers may be wondering, however, what's in store for them with the upcoming Apple Watch Series 8 and what new features they can expect. Continue reading to find out. Apple Watch SE vs. Apple Watch Series ...
Samsung today announced the launch of the Odyssey Ark, which the company says is the world's first 55-inch 4K curved display with a 165Hz refresh rate for improved gaming performance. Samsung first previewed the monitor at CES, but it is now available to order.
Subscribe to the MacRumors YouTube channel for more videos. Priced at $3,500, the Samsung Odyssey Ark features mini-LED technology...
This week brought some shocking news for iOS 16 beta testers, with Apple bringing back the iPhone battery percentage to the status bar after a number of years.
Other news and rumors this week included word that Apple has started recording portions of its media event planned for next month to introduce the iPhone 14 and Apple Watch Series 8, claims about iPhone 14 Pro pricing and Apple's...