Final Cut Pro, Motion, Compressor, and MainStage Pro are all being updated today, with Final Cut Pro receiving the largest update. The update for the professional video software includes a range of new features and improvements:
- Optimized, proxy, and rendered media can be stored at any location outside of the libraryThe other apps have gained minor improvements, such as support for Apple ProRes 4444 XQ in both Motion and Compressor along with improved sequence text behavior in Motion and improved performance in Compressor.
- Easily delete optimized, proxy, and rendered media from within Final Cut Pro X
- Used media indicators for Compound clips, Multicam clips, and Synced clips
- Option to show only unused media in the Browser
- Apply a standard (Rec. 709) look in real time to high dynamic range and wide color gamut video from ARRI, Blackmagic Design, Canon, and Sony cameras
- Automatically apply an ARRI embedded 3D LUT from the new AMIRA camera
- Support for Apple ProRes 4444 XQ
- Improved speed and accuracy when synchronizing clips
- Audio recording improvements including countdown and automatic Audition creation from multiple takes
- Fast export of cuts-only projects containing XDCAM media
- Export entire library as a single XML file
- Selecting a library displays key metadata in the Inspector
- Adjust relative and absolute volume of a clip or range selection
- Create Keywords from Finder Tags when importing media
- Option to sort events by date or name in the Libraries list
- Import a clip by dragging directly into the Browser
- Share 4K video to Vimeo
All of the apps are available from the App Store, with Final Cut Pro priced at $299, and Motion and Compressor priced at $50. According to TechCrunch, a MainStage update is also coming later today.
- Final Cut Pro [Direct Link]
- Motion [Direct Link]
- Compressor [Direct Link]
Update 11:46 AM: The MainStage 3.0.4 update is now live, addressing several bugs.