Barnes & Noble Releases New Nook Video App for iOS
First launched late last year, Nook Video is designed to compete with services like iTunes and Amazon Instant Video, giving Nook users the option to purchase content like movies and TV shows through Barnes & Noble.
Like Amazon, Barnes & Noble's video service includes support for UltraViolet, which is the film industry's cloud-based content licensing system designed to work across a number of platforms. Users can sync their UltraViolet accounts to their Barnes & Noble accounts to access that content as well.
- Thousands of movies and TV shows available—ad free—to stream or download.While the Nook Video app can be used to view previously purchased content, iOS users are not able to make rentals and purchases from within the app.
- Stream over Wi-Fi or your 3G/4G network.
- Get the hottest Hollywood releases the same day they’re released on DVD and Blu-ray Disc™ and in some cases even earlier!
- Rent or buy movies and TV shows in standard or high definition.
- Take advantage of our NOOK Video apps for other platforms - and sync your videos across multiple devices.
- Access your UltraViolet™ Collection of movies and TV shows to stream instantly, or download for offline viewing.
- Start streaming your content on one device and pick up where you left off on your NOOK HD, HD+ and other NOOK Video apps. Miss something? Use the 30-second quick rewind.
Nook Video is a universal app that can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]