As the newest member of the Office for Mac family, Outlook 2011 continues to get the most requests from consumers and businesses alike; therefore, our top priority for this release was Outlook, and this service pack resolves many of the most common requests. The more notable Outlook enhancements include:The complete list of fixes and updates is also available. The Office 14.2.0 update is available via Microsoft's download page or through the updater built into Office.
- Sync performance with Exchange server,
- Performance improvements while deleting multiple items,
- Displaying email message content, and sending email.
Outlook performance is also improved in IMAP account sync and the database rebuild utility. New capabilities include:
- Scheduling resources in the calendar,
- Distribution list expansion,
- Day number display in the calendar.
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint have improved performance with additional modest improvements. For example, we updated PowerPoint to take advantage of full screen view in Lion, and we improved grammar checkers for Italian and German languages. We also made it easier to work with Office documents on SkyDrive and addressed several smaller issues in response to your feedback.
Pre-orders and previews begin April 10, launches April 24.