Over four years after debuting on Android, and following a significant redesign last year, Google Fit is now available on iOS.

google fit ios
The fitness tracking app can track workout sessions completed with both an Apple Watch or a Wear OS smartwatch, and it also integrates movement data from apps connected to Apple Health, such as Sleep Cycle, Nike Run Club, and Headspace.

Google Fit keeps users motivated with Move Minutes and Heart Points based on American Heart Association and World Health Organization recommendations for weekly physical activity. The more you move, the more Move Minutes you earn. The more intensely you move, the more Heart Points you earn.

A journal feature allows users to track their activities and view their progress towards weekly Move Minutes and Heart Points goals.

While some Google Fit data was already available on iOS through the Wear OS app, owning a Wear OS smartwatch was a requirement. With full Apple Health and Apple Watch integration, the standalone Google Fit app is a much better solution.

Google Fit is a free download on the App Store.

chewbaka Avatar
Who in their right mind would share their health information with Google?
Pepe4life Avatar
Who in their right mind would share their health information with Google?
The same fools who let google listen to everything they say at home with google home devices
archer75 Avatar
Nice to see it inspires people to move, unlike the Apple Health app which merely shows data that nobody cares about

Who knew people that can't afford a $500 Apple Watch would also like to exercise?!
huh? The apple health app is actually useful and has tons of data that people do use. It's much more complete than the google fit app and does have data that I most definitely care about. Syncs with my scale and tracks BMI, weight, muscle mass and many other categories. Syncs with our local hospitals so I can have all my health data in once place. Tracks my heart rate and workouts. I log my blood pressure and cholesterol. It's incredibly useful. Stores data like calories, macros and other nutrients which can be very helpful for health and weight loss. Yes, I use it all.

Bundled with the rings app, activity sharing, workouts, it goes well beyond anything google fit does. And no, you don't have to buy a $500 apple watch. Recently the series 3, which I have, was on sale at best buy for $199
archer75 Avatar
It’s health data not private emails lol y’all are beyond paranoid
Health data can be considered to be even more private.
BruiserBear Avatar
Health data can be considered to be even more private.
Hard for me to imagine what awful things google could do with my health data.
Dario69 Avatar

Exactly. Google Fit is utter crap. And when you factor in the privacy issues it becomes a complete stink bomb. Apple has the fitness market covered and Google knows it and wants to profit off of it. This makes it obvious.