The update adds the Wah stompbox pedal and Face Control to the Smart Guitar tool, and Apple says it includes stability improvements and bug fixes.
Apple also updated its suite of iWork apps for iOS and Mac devices, which includes Keynote, Numbers, and Pages. According to the release notes, the update includes performance and stability improvements, which could also include display optimizations for the new iPad Pro models.
The new version of Pages on both Mac and iOS adds support for publishing books directly to Apple Books for download or purchase.
iMovie for iOS gains support for external displays when connected to the new 2018 11 and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models, and it offers several bug fixes.
- Connect an external display to your iPad or iPhone and choose to mirror the iPad display or preview your video fullscreen while you edit -- with support for uncompressed 4K video output on iPad Pro 11-inch or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)iMovie for Mac is the final Apple app updated today, with Apple removing the option to share files directly to Facebook. The update also adds a new "Prepare for Facebook" option as a replacement that is designed to export a Facebook-compatible video file to your Mac that can then be manually added to the Facebook website.
- Resolves issues which could cause video distortion when editing a vertical video clip with the iMovie edit extension in the Photos app
- Addresses an issue which could prevent sharing videos through a cellular connection on iPhone or iPad
- Improves stability including an issue which could occur after adding speed change effects to clips in your movie
GarageBand, iMovie, and the iWork apps can be downloaded from the App Store and Mac App Store at no cost.
- GarageBand for iOS [Direct Link]
- iMovie for iOS [Direct Link]
- iMovie for Mac [Direct Link]
- Pages for iOS [Direct Link]
- Keynote for iOS [Direct Link]
- Numbers for iOS [Direct Link]
- Pages for macOS [Direct Link]
- Keynote for macOS [Direct Link]
- Numbers for macOS [Direct Link]