Popular drawing and sketching app Procreate Pocket for the iPhone can be downloaded for free this week through Apple's Apple Store app. Procreate Pocket has a wide range of painting, sketching, and drawing tools for making art on the iPhone.
On the iPhone 6s, it features 3D Touch pressure sensitivity, and it can be used with an Apple Watch for quick color selection. There's a full layering system, 18 layer blend modes, tools for adjusting hue, saturation, brightness, and curves, and more.
To get the app, make sure to follow these instructions:
- Open the Apple Store app.
- Tap "Stores" on the tab bar at the bottom of the app.
- Scroll down to "iPhone Upgrade Program."
- Swipe left three times until you see the Procreate icon.
- Tap the icon.
- Choose "Download now for free."
- When taken to the App Store, enter your password and then click "Redeem." The app will start downloading automatically.
Alternatively, the app can also be accessed by scrolling to the bottom of the "Featured" tab and tapping on the small banner that says "Download Procreate free."
Apple has offered several free apps through its own Apple Store app in the past, including Day One 2. The deal only pertains to the iPhone version of Procreate, normally priced at $2.99. [Direct Link]
Top Rated Comments
Also what's extra nice is that due to Apple being able to deal with the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older are NOT the only people in the world eligible to benefit from this. ;):D
Finds like this should be a regular feature on MR.
I got stuck at
* Tap "Stores" on the tab bar at the bottom of the app.
Then I switched to an iPhone.
I got stuck at
3. Scroll down to "iPhone Upgrade Program."
At this rate I probably couldn't use ProCreate anyway.
But thanks again. Those really were good instructions.
Correction: the redeem code is only valid for the iPhone version.