The new Safari builds can be downloaded through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store. Safari 8.0.1 for OS X Yosemite requires OS X 10.10 or 10.10.1, while Safari 7.1.1 for OS X Mavericks requires OS X 10.9.5 and Safari 6.2.1 for OS X Mountain Lion requires OS X 10.8.5.
In the beta notes for Safari 8.0.1, Apple asks developers to focus on features like Extension compatibility, WebGL graphics on Retina displays, Password AutoFill, and more.
Focus AreasIn addition to a Safari update, Apple is also working on the first OS X Yosemite update, OS X 10.10.1, which asks developers to focus on Wi-Fi, Exchange accounts in Mail, and the Notification Center.
Please focus testing on the following areas:
- General website compatibility
- Extension compatibility
- WebGL graphics on Retina displays
- Password AutoFill when passwords are synchronized across multiple devices
- Syncing history between devices (OS X Yosemite only)
- Importing usernames and passwords from Firefox (OS X Yosemite only)