In Camp Pokemon, kids are tasked with exploring an island "filled with fun Pokemon-themed activities" that include searching for Pokemon to earn pins and playing a variety of Pokemon mini games to earn rewards.
- Find the Pokémon: Use a spyglass to search for virtual Pokémon and earn their Pins. Earn Rewards to unlock new levels and search for other Pokémon in different environments.As noted by our sister site TouchArcade, Camp Pokemon is going to be a "snooze-fest" for adults, but it makes it "obvious that The Pokemon Company is serious about iOS," hinting that additional Pokemon games could come to iOS in the future.
- Poké Ball Throw: Launch Poké Balls at cardboard cutouts of Pokémon hiding in the grass and knock them down. Earn Rewards to unlock the Rock and Water environments.
- Pokémon Evolutions: Test your knowledge of Pokémon Evolutions by choosing the correct Pokémon missing from the Evolution chain.
- Battle Matchups: Practice type matchups, an important skill in Pokémon battles, by choosing which type is strong against the given Pokémon.
- Pokémon in Focus: Choose the Pokémon that matches the shadow projected on the tent.
- My Cabin: In this home base, campers can find their Pin Book, Photo Book, and Bulletin Board.
- Photo Booth: Create camp memories by taking photos with the iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch camera, adding stickers to the images, and saving the pictures to the app’s Photo Book or the Camera Roll on the camper’s device.
- Mystery Cave: What could be hiding in the Mystery Cave? To find out, campers will need to earn the right to enter!
Along with Camp Pokemon, The Pokemon Company also released Pokemon TCG Online on iOS in late September, bringing the card trading game to the iPad for the first time. Pokemon TCG was the first official Pokemon game to be released on iOS.
Camp Pokemon is a free app for the iPad and iPhone and can be downloaded from the App Store. [Direct Link]
Pokemon TCG Online is a free app the iPad and can be downloaded from the App Store. [Direct Link]