Messaging app WhatsApp Messenger has been updated with an iOS 7 inspired redesign, bringing one of the more popular apps in the App Store in line with Apple's new "flat" design sense. In addition, the app has also been updated with Broadcast Lists, an improved interface for managing blocked contacts and more.
What's New in Version 2.11.5
- new iOS 7 User Interface
- broadcast lists: communicate with your classmates, work colleagues or just friends by messaging many people at once.
- improved share location: 3D map view, hide places, search places
- large thumbs: see more
- new notification alerts and sounds: WhatsApp Settings > Notifications > New Message.
- application will now use your device text size as configured in iOS Settings > General > Text Size
- new improved User Interface for managing your blocked contacts: WhatsApp Settings > Chat Settings > Blocked
- crop image before sending
Broadcast Lists allow users to set and save groups of people they wish to blind carbon copy messages to. Previously, users had to select recipients each time they wished to broadcast a message rather than broadcasting to already defined groups of people such as "Work" or "Schoolmates."