The NBA has updated its Game Time app for the 2013-2014 NBA season with a visual redesign that now includes easy access to game summary videos, live streaming of post-game press conferences, and access to team stats along with full league rosters. Users can also unlock premium features with an in-app purchase for $9.99 that includes additional content such as home and away radio broadcasts of every game, more video highlights from NBA TV and TNT, and exclusive league news.
What's New in Version 5.1
- Redesigned and Optimized for iOS7
- Full support for the 2013-2014 NBA regular season
- NBA League Pass subscribers will now be able to enjoy both the home and away TV broadcasts from every game.
- NBA League Pass subscribers will now be able to enjoy archives from each nationally broadcast game.
- Game Recaps from every game now free.
- Team Video from every team now free.
- Player Statistics, Team Rosters, and Team Statistics now free.
- Live Video alerts let you know when we're streaming press conferences and events live.
- League Pass Push Notifications now let NBA League Pass users know when games they can watch get exciting.
- Many performance improvements.
The 2013-2014 NBA regular season opens Tuesday, October 29 with the Orlando Magic playing the Pacers in Indiana, followed by the Chicago Bulls versus the Heat in Miami, and the Los Angeles Clippers playing the Los Angeles Lakers at the Staples Center.
NBA Game Time 2013-2014 is a free app that can be downloaded for the iPhone and iPad. [Direct Links: iPhone/iPad]
Top Rated Comments
That being said, the new design is better than the old, but there's still work to be done.
Not that I don't like this app but us UK customers are left and stuck with version 3.xxx forever. They are selling their premium International League Pass and we are paying top money to watch their games. Shame that their IT department are leaving us all international customers stranded with some old tech. I also have Apple TV and their app still stuck at the playoff and so far I can't watch any preseason games.
My solution, watch it on my iPhone and AirPlay to my Apple TV. Stupid really isn't it.