After launching Logic Pro X earlier this month, Apple has updated the audio software with a number of stability fixes and performance enhancements.
- Fixes an issue that could cause content downloading to stall
- 24-bit audio files are no longer converted to 16-bit when exporting projects to AAF
- Improves stability when switching between audio editors while Flex Pitch is enabled
- Track Stacks that contain both software instrument and audio tracks will no longer be inadvertently flattened by loading a Patch
- Tuner is now available when selecting a Track Stack containing audio tracks
- Addresses graphic and selection behavior issues in the Score Editor
Logic Pro X is described as Apple’s most advanced Logic Pro software to date, offering a number of new creative tools for musicians, a redesigned interface, and an expanded collection of instruments and effects.
Logic Pro X can be downloaded from the Mac App Store for $199.99. [Direct Link]
Top Rated Comments
I'm more impressed that you have 100 plugins!
Massive fail? really? Don't you just use the version you have, which worked fine until the recent release, and wait until the plug ins you need are rolled out in 64 bit version over the next few months, and then decide if you want to upgrade?
Why is that Apples fault?
Wrong, I would actually say that the massive fail should be blamed on your plugin developers. It's not like 64 bit technology was just discovered the other day....if these guys can't be bothered to rewrite some code and update their plugins after 4 years, perhaps it's time to dump them!
If you are serious about really needing those 32 bit plugins then either keep using Logic 9 or buy Vienna Ensemble Pro (which has many additional benefits besides allowing both 32 and 64 bit plugin hosting).
It really sounds like silly whining when people start throwing around internet kid phrases like "complete fail by Apple".
How many of those 200 32 bit plugins are legitimate bought versions? How many are free or deprecated? And how many are so unique and specialised that you can't get the job done without them?
Please do backup your comments with some better evidence if you don't want to be accused of just whining.
99%?? What the hell devs are you using? Nearly everything worth having is updated to 64bit now!