eBay today released updates to its iPhone and iPad apps, offering a redesigned user interface that includes multiple search views, an improved bidding process for ending auctions, and new shopping cart functionality.
With the new shopping cart, users can add multiple items to the cart and purchase them at the same time with a single payment. The app also features larger photos and better search results, with the iPad version of the app sporting new photo editing tools.
The iPhone app has also gained an interesting new function, allowing users to scan in their drivers licenses with the iPhone's camera to quickly create new accounts.
- New and improved look and feel
- Checkout multiple items at a time with the new eBay Shopping Cart (US and UK only)
- Tap the grid icon at the top of search results to see larger photos (iOS 6 required)*
- Scan your drivers license for fast and easy eBay registration (available in select US states)
- Improved last minute bidding
- Selling support for Spain
- Many bug fixes and enhancements
Both the iPhone and iPad eBay apps can be downloaded from the App Store for free.
- eBay for iPhone [Direct Link]
- eBay for iPad [Direct Link]
Top Rated Comments
Not only no, but HELL NO.
* You have one or more DUI's on your account
* You have  speeding tickets.
* You are wanted in California
This has resulted in an increase of 65% in your Final Value Fee.
The magnetic strip of your DL simply contains all the information already printed in the front.
In some liquor stores, the clerk asks you for your license, and swipes it on the card reader of their register, and it will tell the clerk whether or not you are authorized to buy liquor based on your D.O.B. stored on the magnetic strip