Groupon has launched Breadcrumb POS, new point-of-sale app designed for small business owners that will compete with offerings from companies like Square.
The Breadcrumb name comes from the hospitality point-of-sale system that Groupon acquired last year. Breadcrumb POS will exist alongside the company's recently renamed Breadcrumb Pro app, which is targeted at larger retailers like restaurants and cafes.
With Breadcrumb POS, merchants can accept payments and manage finances on the iPad. The app works with the Breadcrumb card reader, which is purchased directly from Groupon.
To compete with services like Square Register and PayPal Here, Groupon is offering low rates, charging just 1.8 percent per credit card swipe or 2.3 percent for keyed-in purchases, with a $0.15 fee for each transaction. The app has several additional features, including functionality for printed receipts, menus, and discounts.
- Easy Account Creation, Simple Setup, Fast Customer Checkout
- Multiple Tax Rates, Custom Items, Flexible Discounting
- Employee Roles, Menu and Tip Customization
- Beautiful Real Time Sales, Product Mix, Till Reports
- Email Receipts, Custom Printed Receipts, Prints Kitchen Tickets
- Supports One or More Printers, Optional Cash Drawer
- Just 1.8% + $0.15 per swipe for Visa, Mastercard, and Discover (Amex rates vary)
- $5000 in Free Processing with purchase of secure card reader (limited time)
- Free Live Support
Breadcrumb POS is an iPad-only app that can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]
Top Rated Comments
We say right in the article that Groupon acquired Breadcrumb last year. This is a new app intended to broaden the appeal to other businesses beyond the restaurant focus of the original Breadcrumb.
And you should know by now that we don't do sponsored articles.