Apple today updated its Cards app [App Store] to version 2.0, most notably taking the app universal by adding a native iPad interface. The update also brings a number of new holiday-themed cards and new layouts able to display up to three different photos.
What's New in Version 2.0
- Universal app with native support for iPad
- Six beautiful new letterpress holiday card designs
- New layouts support up to 3 photos on a single card
- Mail customized cards to up to 12 recipients in the same order
- Images in iPhoto can be shared directly to Cards
- Automatic image sharpening improves print quality
- Enhanced Card History view on iPad
- Improvements to address verification
- Improvements to the checkout process
Cards is a free app that allows users to quickly and easily create professional-looking letterpress greeting cards. The cards are printed and mailed by Apple at a cost of $2.99 in the United States and $4.99 internationally.