Bentley Motors revealed a new connectivity concept for its flagship Mulsanne sedan at the Frankfurt Motor Show today. The company built two iPads with Apple Bluetooth Keyboards into the retractable "picnic tables" mounted in front of both rear passengers, and a 15.6" LCD screen that flips down from the roof of the car.
The additions to the Mulsanne are intended to allow passengers to "conduct business on the move or just unwind between meetings". Alasdair Stewart, Member of the Board for Sales & Marketing, comments:
Many customers use their time in the Mulsanne to keep on top of their business commitments or simply take a few moments to relax. This fully functioning concept highlights the Mulsanne’s potential to help busy executives to communicate effectively and quickly whilst travelling. As you would expect from Bentley, all these features work in harmony with the handcrafted cabin and can be displayed or hidden at the user’s discretion.
Key entertainment and business features
- Two electric-powered, foldable wood veneer picnic tables in the rear cabin, each with Apple iPad and Apple Bluetooth keyboards.
- The twin iPads enable the Apple Media Centre to play video files and music, provide access to personal and work e-mail as well as the internet (via W-Lan).
- Apple Mini Mac stored in boot compartment enables integration of iPad with Bluetooth keyboard and iPod acts as control panel in rear console.
- Roof console with 15.6 inch High Definition LED dropdown monitor. Plays videos (from both DVD changer and Mac Mini) and watch Television.
Comfort, control and stowage features
- Illuminated rear centre console fitted with twin, individual armrests offers true, spacious 4-seat configuration.
- Rear console also houses Apple iPod (control panel), two cupholders, tissue box and large stowage area.
- Apple iPod controls – Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) and audio system, Apple Media Centre, plays music and access to internet.
- Two USB connectors provided for the Apple system and one Apple interface connector for the iPod.
- Bespoke control keys on rear console operate picnic tables, reading lights, control HD LED screen and select video and audio options.
- Armrest contains Tibaldi pen and Privacy Telephone handset.
- Bespoke bottle cooler in rear centre console with illuminated, double-glazed frosted glass door.
- Additional, multi-directional reading lights are provided for each rear passenger and can be operated with Apple devices.
- Sophisticated mood lighting in the rear centre console (using multiple soft glowing LEDs) ensures the stowage areas are lit and the docking station and cupholders are also illuminated for extra convenience.
Availability and pricing of the concept weren't detailed. The Bentley Mulsanne starts at $291,295.