Adobe is expanding its suite of iOS apps with CreatePDF, a universal app that takes files in a number of different formats and converts them to PDFs. This ensures that formatting and document layouts are preserved when passing them on to coworkers or clients. The app uses Adobe's online PDF creation service to do the heavy lifting.
Some apps, including the iWork apps from Apple, already include PDF export functionality, but CreatePDF accepts a wide variety of formats including several Adobe products:
- MS Word (docx, doc), Excel (xlsx, xls), PowerPoint (pptx, ppt)
- Adobe Illustrator (ai), Photoshop (psd) and InDesign (indd)
- Images – JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, TIFF
- RTF, Text and WordPerfect
- OpenOffice and StarOffice documents
Adobe CreatePDF is available as a universal app for iPhone and iPad for $9.99 on the App Store. [iTunes]