Apple Updates 'Remote' iOS App to Support AirPlay, Internet Radio Control
Apple today released an update to its universal Remote application for iOS devices, bringing support for several new features including controlling AirPlay content pushed from iTunes on a user's computer to an Apple TV, as well as controlling Internet radio in iTunes.
What's New in Version 2.1
- AirPlay video support to control iTunes on your computer to stream videos to an Apple TV
- Internet radio control to play thousands of internet radio streams in iTunes on your computer
- The ability to control iTunes on your computer to play Movies and TV shows that are rented from the iTunes Store
- Addresses issues connecting to an iTunes library or Apple TV
- Includes stability and performance improvements
AirPlay streaming for audio, video, and photos, has been a major feature promoted by Apple in iTunes 10 and iOS 4.2, and the company has released several updates for its various applications and operating systems to support the functionality in a number of ways.