List of Hidden iPhone 3.0 Features, Launch Unlimited Apps with Spotlight
MacRumors forum user bndoarn has organized a massive list of hidden 3.0 features. The list is over 96 individual features so far. Some are more significant than others, of course. Here are a few interesting highlights:
- There is no limit to the number of apps that can be installed (beside storage space). Once you reach the home screen limit, Apps installed after that are installed without an icon but can be accessed in Spotlight. You can also use this to hide any apple application (i.e. weather and stocks), if you get to 11 pages.
- In the Settings -> General -> Home Button you can now set the double click to the new search feature or the camera
- Notes now has data detectors. Links are clickable, phone numbers are callable, email address are emailable, and address are locatable (using Maps)
- When a phone call interrupts you, after the phone call you are taken back to the app you were in before you were interrupted
- You can now have 11 home screen pages instead of nine
- Now there is a different way to force quit apps. now you have to hold the sleep/wake button until the red slider appears, then you press and hold down the home button to quit the app
The first on the list is perhaps most notable, allowing you to use Spotlight as an application launcher to avoid swiping through pages and pages of apps and also installing more than the allotted number.