Screenshot of Toy Bot Diaries for iPhone
Over at TouchArcade.com we've spent a lot of time playing and reviewing iPhone games. Here are a few of our favorites that we've reviewed:
• PapiJump [Free] - deceptively simple, but surprisingly addictive. Bounce "Mr. Papi" higher and higher. It doesn't make sense, even after you play it... but trying to get the high score will keep you coming back. Oh, and it's free.
• Toy Bot Diaries [$3.99] - a game we consider one of the first true iPhone games. It's an original and immersive platform game in which you overcome physics-based obstacles. (pictured above)
• Sumo [$2.99] - an original and addictive strategy game. Card players (Hearts, Bridge, etc...), in particular, will likely take to this game. Online person-to-person play coming in a future update.
• Galcon [$9.99] - a fast-paced arcade strategy game set in space that provides quality strategy gameplay in a form that can be enjoyed in two or three minute pick-up sessions.
• Frotz [Free] - fans of interactive fiction (Zork, for example) will enjoy this Z-machine interpreter that gives you access to hundreds of titles.
Meanwhile, there have been several announcements and videos of upcoming iPhone games. Some of the more notable include: Myst, Flick Sports Bowling, Real Racing, Clusterball 2, Light Bikes.
Visit TouchArcade.com for more iPhone gaming news and reviews.