Security Update 2008-005 Released, Addresses DNS Vulnerability
Apple has released Security Update 2008-005 via Software Update. The update patches several vulnerabilities including a much-publicized DNS/BIND server vulnerability where an attacker could cause a Mac OS X DNS server to direct clients to forged websites.
The update is available in the following versions:
- Mac OS X Leopard (65 MB): Requires 10.5.4
- Mac OS X Tiger (Intel) (143 MB): Requires 10.4.11
- Mac OS X Tiger (PPC) (88MB): Requires 10.4.11
- Mac OS X Server (Intel) (180 MB): Requires 10.4.11
- Mac OS X Server (PPC) (135 MB): Requires 10.4.11