AT&T's iPhone FAQ and Policies
AT&T has posted a FAQ for the iPhone and service activation. Much of the information was known, but clarifies activation policies:
- $499 for 4GB, $599 for 8GB iPhone
- 2-year service agreement required
- iPhone is not eligible for Wireless Phone Insurance; iPhone is covered by Apple Warranty
- No business discounts
- iPhone must be activated before it can be used. Pre-installed SIM card.
- Activates "within a few minutes"
- 14 day return policy. If opened, there is a 10% restocking fee.
- Existing AT&T wireless customers will need to add an iPhone Data Plan.
Top Rated Comments
The benefit of me doing this of course is that I can sell the 2 new phones I got for free on Ebay for close to $300 and put that money towards the iPhone, essentially creating my own phone subsidy.
Yep, this is definitely what I'm going to do.