Final Cut Pro 4.1.1, LiveType 1.1.1, Xcode 1.1, DVD Studio Pro 2.0.3
Following a slew of pre-Christmas updates, Apple has also released the following updates in Software Update:
Final Cut Pro 4.1.1
- This update addresses issues that may be encountered with Final Cut Pro if you are using the Simplified Chinese Input Method, which is the way that users enter Simplified Chinese characters on a Macintosh computer.
Final Cut Pro 4.1.1 is recommended for users using Final Cut Pro 4 on a Simplified Chinese system.
Live Type 1.1.1
LiveType 1.1.1 addresses compatibility issues with 3rd party LiveFont, textures, and objects. This update includes all previous maintenance releases and is strongly recommended for all Final Cut Pro 4 users with earlier versions of LiveType.
This update includes all previous updates to LiveType, providing the following additional fixes and/or improvements:
- Timeline enhancements: improved media descriptions, effect order setting, snapping, copying and pasting effects
- Matte to Texture feature available directly from the Media Browser
- Individual effect assignment for selected characters
- Ability to replace movies and images
- Proper behavior interpolation when applying two or more effects
- Improved memory usage
- The Xcode 1.1 Update provides overall stability and performance enhancements to Xcode IDE, as well as improvements to debugging, workflow, the Xcode build system and CodeSense. It is recommended that all Xcode users install this update.
DVD Studio Pro 2.0.3
- The DVD Studio Pro 2.0.3 update is strongly recommended for all users of DVD Studio Pro 2. This update adds support for Cropped D-1 and 1/2 D-1 MPEG-2 video resolutions in addition to a number of enhancements and improved overall stability.
Additionally, this update changes the behavior of the dual-layer break point to force a pause during playback of DVD-9 projects while the DVD player switches to the second layer. While this change will increase compatibility of your DVD project with DVD players, you may still use the seamless switch method. For instructions on how to do this, please refer to the following article: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n93514.
For additional information regarding the contents of this update, refer to the DVD Studio Pro Late-Breaking News located in the Help menu or at http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n93500.