More iCal 1.5 and iSync 1.2 Details
From the most recent Panther builds, Apple's Help files offer these features for the upcoming revisions of iSync and iCal.
With iSync 1.2:
- You can synchronize calendar information on your Symbian mobile phones with the calendar information on your computers and other devices.
With iCal 1.5, you can do the following:
- More easily edit your calendars, events, and To Do items in the Info drawer.
- Customize your calendar colors. Choose from a list of colors or create your own unique tint.
Publish or subscribe to calendars on servers that are located behind a firewall (or that require you to use a proxy server).
- Use the new keyboard shortcuts to do more tasks more easily. For example, you can use your keyboard to select and edit multiple events at the same time, change the main calendar view, move events to another time or day, and more.
- "Snooze" your event alarms, so if you're in the middle of something you need to finish you can get a second reminder.
- Add alarms to your To Do items.
- Have an alarm that opens an application, document, or other item on your hard disk. For example, you can have iCal open an AppleScript that plays the songs in your iTunes library..
- Use shortcut menus to more easily create and change events.
- Choose a time zone for each event, or choose to see all your events in a different time zone.
These updates are expected any day now.