More iCal 1.5 and iSync 1.2 Details
From the most recent Panther builds, Apple's Help files offer these features for the upcoming revisions of iSync and iCal.
With iSync 1.2:
- You can synchronize calendar information on your Symbian mobile phones with the calendar information on your computers and other devices.
With iCal 1.5, you can do the following:
- More easily edit your calendars, events, and To Do items in the Info drawer.
- Customize your calendar colors. Choose from a list of colors or create your own unique tint.
Publish or subscribe to calendars on servers that are located behind a firewall (or that require you to use a proxy server).
- Use the new keyboard shortcuts to do more tasks more easily. For example, you can use your keyboard to select and edit multiple events at the same time, change the main calendar view, move events to another time or day, and more.
- "Snooze" your event alarms, so if you're in the middle of something you need to finish you can get a second reminder.
- Add alarms to your To Do items.
- Have an alarm that opens an application, document, or other item on your hard disk. For example, you can have iCal open an AppleScript that plays the songs in your iTunes library..
- Use shortcut menus to more easily create and change events.
- Choose a time zone for each event, or choose to see all your events in a different time zone.
These updates are expected any day now.
YouTuber Unbox Therapy has shared a hands-on look at the iPhone 14 Pro Max using what he claims is a one-to-one replica created by third-party case makers with access to detailed schematics and dimensions for Apple's new upcoming flagship smartphone.
As with the iPhone 13 Pro lineup, in 2022, we are expecting a 6.1-inch iPhone 14 Pro and a 6.7-inch iPhone 14 Pro Max, but this time the Pro...
Apple today released macOS Monterey 12.4, the fourth major update to the macOS Monterey operating system that launched in October 2021. macOS Monterey 12.4 comes over two months after the launch of macOS Monterey 12.3, an update that added Universal Control.
The macOS Monterey 12.4 update can be downloaded on all eligible Macs using the Software Update section of System...
Apple today released iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5, the fifth major updates to the iOS and iPadOS 15 operating systems that were initially released in September 2021. iOS and iPadOS 15.5 come a little over two months after the launch of iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4.
The iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 updates can be downloaded for free and the software is available on all eligible devices over-the-air in...
iOS 16 will include new ways of interacting with the system and some "fresh Apple apps," Bloomberg's Mark Gurman has said, offering some more detail on what Apple has in store for the upcoming release of iOS and iPadOS set to be announced in a few weeks at WWDC. In the latest edition of his Power On newsletter, Gurman wrote that while iOS 16 is not likely to introduce a major face-lift to...
The Apple Watch Series 8 could feature an all-new design with a flat display, according to the leaker known as "ShrimpApplePro."
In his latest video on the YouTube channel Front Page Tech, Jon Prosser highlighted information from ShrimpApplePro that suggests the Apple Watch Series 8 could feature a flat display in what seems to be a design originally rumored for the Apple Watch Series 7. ...
WhatsApp is working on a new feature that will allow users to "silently" leave group chats hosted by the messaging platform instead of all members of the group being notified when they do.
As it stands, when someone leaves a group chat, WhatsApp announces their exit to the entire group, making the act of leaving very public. It's not possible right now to leave a group quietly, but WhatsApp...
Apple today released tvOS 15.5, the fifth major update to the tvOS operating system that first launched in September 2021. tvOS 15.5 comes more than two months after the release of tvOS 15.4, an update that brought support for captive WiFi networks.
tvOS 15.5 can be downloaded over the air on the Apple TV through the Settings app by going to System > Software Update. Apple...