A new Health tab within the app features interactive charts that display the step and sleep activity captured with the Pebble Time, plus Pebble Time is now able to automatically detect and track walking and running, delivering summary information on an activity at the time of its completion.
The app will also deliver overall activity and sleep summaries at the end of the day, much like the Apple Watch's fitness app. Pebble Time's sleep-related features are improving too, with a new sleep tracking feature that'll trigger an alarm up to 30 minutes early if a user is in a light stage of sleep.
In addition to the health features, it's also now possible for Pebble Time owners to begin conversations from their wrists with the Send Text app, which enables voice messages or pre-set text messaging for recent or favorite contacts so long as text replies are enabled from a compatible carrier.
Along with these features specific to the Pebble Time, all Pebble smart watch owners are now able to respond to incoming or missed calls with a pre-set text message if text replies from a compatible carrier are available.
What's New in Version 3.12The 3.12 Pebble app update can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]
For Time-series watches running Firmware 3.12 or higher:
- View interactive charts of your step and sleep activity from the new Health tab.
- Health charts show stats for running activities and long walks during the day.
- Start convos from your wrist with the new Send Text app! Message recent or favorite contacts. Requires text replies enabled from a compatible carrier.
For all Pebble models running Firmware 3.12 or higher:
- Respond to incoming or missed calls with a text message. Requires text replies enabled from a compatible carrier.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.