With the December holidays approaching, retailers are beginning to offer significant discounts off of their products in an attempt to lure shoppers into stores. Walmart has kicked off an ongoing discount on the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, and MacMall is selling a high-end Retina MacBook Pro for an ultra low price.
We've also got deals on the iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, and discounts on several Apple accessories in this week's Buyer's Guide deals post.
Walmart kicked off some new $50 off deals on the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus today, which will last through February. A two-year contract is required to get the discounted price, and Walmart also offers a trade-in program to drop the pricing even lower. Deals are available in-store only.
Walmart is selling the 16GB iPhone 6 for $129, down from the previous $179 price tag, and it's also offering the 16GB iPhone 6 Plus for $229, down from $279.
The iPhone 5s is on sale at Walmart as well, now available for $49 instead of $79.
Retina MacBook Pro
MacMall is taking pre-orders for the 2013 2.6GHz/16GB/1TB Retina MacBook Pro priced at $2,599.99, down from the regular price of $3,199, a $600 discount. Several 2014 Retina MacBook Pro models are also discounted at various retailers, as seen below:
- 13-inch 2.6GHz/8GB/256GB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) - $1,399, $100 off
- 13-inch 2.8GHz/8GB/512GB (Best Buy) (B&H Photo) - $1,599, $200 off
- 15-inch 2.2GHz/16GB/256GB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) - $1,699, $200 off
- 15-inch 2.5GHz/16GB/512GB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) - $2,199, $300 off
- 6-core 3.5GHz/16GB/256GB (B&H) (Adorama) - $3,499, $500 off
- 21.5-inch 2.9GHz/8GB/1TB (Adorama) - $1349, $150 off
- 27-inch 3.2GHz/8GB/1TB (Adorama) (B&H) - $1,649.99, $150 off
- 27-inch 2.4GHz/8GB/1TB (Adorama) (B&H) - $1,799.99, $200 off
- 11.6-inch 1.4GHz/4GB/128GB (Best Buy) (B&H Photo) (MacMall) - $799, $100 off
- 11.6-inch 1.4GHz/4GB/256GB (B&H Photo) (Adorama) - $999, $100 off
- 13.3-inch 1.4Ghz/4GB/128GB (Best Buy) - $899, $100 off
iPad Air 2
Best Buy is offering $50 off its entire selection of iPad Air 2 models, including both Wi-Fi and Cellular in all colors and capacities. The prices aren't quite as good as the deals the company offered on Black Friday, but the pricing is better than Apple's.
With the price drop, the entry-level 16GB Wi-Fi only iPad Air 2 is available for $449.99 instead of $499, and the entry-level cellular model is available for $579.99 instead of $629.
iPad mini 3
Best Buy is also offering $50 to $100 off its entire stock of iPad mini 3 models, offering deals that are nearly as good as the discounts the retailer offered on Black Friday.
The entry-level Wi-Fi only 16GB iPad mini 3 is available for $349.99 instead of $399, and the deals are even better on the higher-capacity models. The 128GB Wi-Fi only iPad mini 3, for example, is available for $499 instead of $599.
Original iPad Air
Best Buy is offering modest discounts of $30 to $60 off some remaining higher-capacity original iPad Air models, dropping the prices below similar iPad Air 2 models.
- iPad Air Cellular Silver 64GB (AT&T) - $597.99
- iPad Air Cellular Space Gray 64GB (AT&T) - $597.99
- iPad Air Cellular Silver 64GB (Verizon) - $597.99
- iPad Air Cellular Space Gray 64GB (Verizon) - $566.99
- iPad Air Cellular Silver 128GB (AT&T) - $787.99
- iPad Air Cellular Space Gray 128GB (AT&T) - $787.99
- iPad Air Cellular Silver 128GB (Verizon) - $787.99
- iPad Air Cellular Space Gray 128GB (Verizon) - $787.99
iPad mini 2
Best Buy is also offering discounts of $30 to $60 off some remaining higher-capacity iPad mini 2 models, dropping the prices below similar iPad mini 3 models. The iPad mini 2 can be a particularly good deal compared to the iPad mini 3, as the only difference is Touch ID.
- iPad mini 2 WiFi-only Silver 64GB - $395.99
- iPad mini 2 WiFi-only Space Gray 64GB - $395.99
- iPad mini 2 WiFi-only Silver 128GB - $494.99
- iPad mini 2 WiFi-only Space Gray 128GB - $494.99
- iPad mini 2 Cellular AT&T Silver 64GB - $476.99
- iPad mini 2 Cellular AT&T Space Gray 64GB - $502.99
- iPad mini 2 Cellular Verizon Silver 64GB - $476.99
- iPad mini 2 Cellular Verizon Space Gray 64GB - $502.99
- iPad mini 2 Cellular AT&T Space Gray 128GB - $629.99
- iPad mini 2 Cellular Verizon Silver 128GB - $629.99
- iPad mini 2 Cellular Verizon Space Gray 128GB - $597.99
PayPal Digital Gifts on eBay is selling a $100 iTunes card for $80 for a limited time.
The Spigen iPhone 6 CS Slim Armor Bundle is available for $34.99 (down from $85) from StackSocial. A refurbished 4,000mAh Mophie portable battery charger is available from groupon for $29.99, down from $79.95.
Best Buy is selling the Pebble Smart Watch for $79.99, $20 off its standard $99 price. Best Buy is also selling the AirPlay iHome Speaker System for $99.99, $200 off its regular $299 price. Select Beats headphones purchases at Best Buy totaling $398 or more are eligible for a $50 Best Buy gift card.
Beats by Dre Pro Over-Ear headphones are available for $299 from Groupon, down from $399. Groupon is also selling Printerpix custom cases for iPhone 5s/6/6 Plus for $7.99, down from the $19.99 to $29.99 regular price.
MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors.