Blizzard today introduced the new "Goblins vs Gnomes" expansion pack for its popular online trading card game Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. First teased last week, Goblins vs Gnomes introduces more than 120 new mechanical-themed cards to Hearthstone, including an all new "Mech" minion type.
Goblin vs Gnomes cards first debuted last week as arena draft picks, giving users a way to check out the new cards before their official launch. As of today, the cards can be purchased in game via real money or with in-game coins at the same price as old expert packs, which have now been renamed to "Classic" card packs. Goblin vs Gnomes cards can also be crafted.
Along with new cards, Goblin vs Gnomes brings a long-awaited Spectator mode to Hearthstone, letting third-party observers watch game matches.
Goblins vs Gnomes
- Don't let Goblins and Gnomes have all the fun building things: All Goblins vs Gnomes cards have been added to the Arena and can be chosen even if you do not have them in your Hearthstone collection.
- All Goblins vs Gnomes cards can be found easily in My Collection using the search function, and all Goblins vs Gnomes cards have a "gear" watermark in the card text box.
- Expert card packs have been renamed to "Classic" card packs. Classic card packs are still available to acquire in the in-game Shop as well as through Crafting Mode.
- New minion type "Mech" has been added. Use Mechs along with other Mechs for surprising (often devastating) results!
- An all-new interactive Goblins vs Gnomes-themed game board has been added. Turn the gears, wind the springs, and try not to blow anything up in the process. We warned you.
Currently, Goblins vs Gnomes content is only available in the U.S., with a release in other countries coming over the next day.
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft for Mac can be downloaded from Blizzard's website for free.