File-sharing service Box today updated its app for iOS to version 3.5.0, bringing with a number of new features and usability enhancements. The app now features support for unlocking with Touch ID and a new widget in the Notification Center that allows users to quickly create Box Notes and recent files. Box for iOS is now fully optimized for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, and also now contains in-folder search, a Favorites functionality, and more.
What's New in Version 3.5.0
- Now use Box from your Today view in Notification Center to quickly and easily create Box Notes, view recent documents and more (requires iOS 8)
- Use your fingerprint to unlock the Box app at the touch of the home button with Touch ID (compatible devices only, requires iOS 8)
- Add files and folders to a Favorites list for easy access without having to download any data ahead of time with our new Favorites feature
- In-folder search capabilities
- Box Bookmarks are now accessible
- Support for previewing password protected Office and iWork files
- Automatic photo upload for Personal Pro subscribers and Enterprise users
- Additional stability improvements and bug fixes
Earlier this year, Box secretly filed for an IPO after seeing its valuation rise to $2 billion last year. However, the company was reported last month to be waiting until later in the year to start trading publicly, with "market volatillity" cited as a potential reason.