iOS App Store and Mac Software Sales for Black Friday 2012
Black Friday is about to officially kick off, and the App Store developers also use this as an opportunity to promote their apps by dropping their prices. Sister site AppShopper.com tracks all price changes on iOS Apps and Mac Apps in their respective App Stores. Here's a selection of some of the more notable sales for iOS and Mac App Stores, as well as other online and boxed software sales.
- Readdle Docs for iPad ($4.99 -> $1.99)
- Documents To Go Premium ($16.99 -> $9.99)
- QuickOffice Pro ($14.99 -> $0.99)
- QuickOffice Pro HD ($19.99 -> $4.99)
- Star Walk ($2.99 -> $1.99)
- Star Walk for iPad ($2.99 -> $1.99)
- Momento (Diary/Journal) ($2.99 -> $0.99)
- Groove 2 - Music Player ($3.99 -> $0.99)
- 1Password for iPhone ($9.99 -> $6.99)
- 1Password for iPad ($9.99 -> $6.99)
- 1Password Pro ($14.99 -> $9.99)
- MagicalPad ($1.99 -> Free)
- NAVIGON iOS USA ($49.99->$24.99)
- NAVIGON iOS North America ($59.99 -> $29.99)
- NAVIGON iOS MyRegion ($29.99 -> $14.99)
- StreetPilot Onboard USA ($49.99 -> $24.99)
- StreetPilot Onboard North America ($59.99 -> $29.99)
- $100 iTunes Gift Card for $80 - from BestBuy
- 1Password ($49.99 -> $34.99)
- Pixelmator ($29.99 -> $14.99)
- Prototypes ($39.99 -> $19.99)
- Socialite ($9.99 -> $4.99)
- Home Inventory ($14.99 -> $7.99)
- Instamac ($1.99 -> $0.99)
- Primate Labs (Geekbench) - 40% off
- Steam Online Store - Autumn Sale with ongoing discounts. Presently includes Portal 2 for $4.99.
- MacGameStore - Up to 80% Off on Mac games
Games are huge category on their own making up a large portion of the activity on the App Store. TouchArcade has rounded up the various sales from major developers and notable indie developers:
- Sales from Gameloft, Sega, Namco, and Indies
- Sales from EA, Chillingo, Firemonkeys, and PopCap
- iCADE, iCade 8-Bitty and JOYSTICK-IT - Hardware controllers on sale.
Boxed Software / Other
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 ($99.99 -> $44.99)
- TurboTax Deluxe Federal + E-File + State 2012 ($59.99 -> $49.69)
- Office for Mac Home & Student 2011 ($119.99 -> $79.99)
- Office for Mac Home & Student 2011 (Family Pack) ($149.99 -> $89.99)
- Parallels Desktop 8 ($79.95 -> $49.42)
- VMWare Fusion 5 ($49.99 -> $31.99)
- Jumsoft - 50% off all their templates and elements for Keynote, iWork, Pages, and more. Coupon Code: BF2012
- Adobe Lightroom 4 ($149 -> $99.99)
Mac Software Bundles
- MacUtility Bundle ($59.99) - Parallels Desktop 8, Snagit, VirusBarrier X6, MacOptimizer, Rubbertnet ($245 Value)
- MacLegion Bundle ($49.99)- TechTool Pro, Freeway Pro, djay, Capo, Fantastical, RipIt, iRip, Beamer, Copy Paste Pro, Code Collector Pro ($548.80 Value)
Some links may be affiliate links where available
Top Rated Comments
I would stay away from the special since they are going to be releasing a newer version of it in the near future and it's not a update so you will be paying more for it if you do down load it.
Just dropped comment about 1Password for iOS. They are on the verge of releasing a new version as I understand it, so do you really thinks it worth it downloading a old version with no way of upgrading it?
Well, that is some BS.
Full version (CD) at Newegg.com
Agreed. I've never seen an iOS app where an update is a new app that requires another purchase. What are they thinking?