Apple today released AirPort Utility 5.4.2 for both Mac (16.86 MB) and Windows (10.92 MB). The update offers several fixes to Apple's software for managing the AirPort Express Base Station, the AirPort Extreme Base Station, and Time Capsule. Issues addressed include:
- An issue causing AirPort Utility to be unable to read certain AirPort wireless device configurations.
- An issue causing AirPort Utility to sometimes be unable to discover an AirPort wireless device when Back To My Mac is enabled.
- An issue causing AirPort Utility to sometimes be unable to download firmware.
- An issue causing AirPort Utility to not correctly import Access Control Lists created in AirPort Admin Utility 4.x
- Added the ability in AirPort Utility to show all wireless passwords in the "Equivalent Network Password" sheet.
The Mac version requires OS X 10.4 or later, while the Windows version requires Vista or XP Pro SP2 or better.