Apple today released a pair of updates for Xsan, their enterprise-class storage area network (SAN) solution.
Xsan 2.1.1 FileSystem Update (26 MB)
The 2.1.1 update is recommended for all systems running Xsan 2. This update includes general file system fixes, as well as specific fixes for:
- file system performance and reliability
- Access Control List verification and correction
- volume reliability during metadata controller failover scenarios
- upgrading from Xsan 1.4
Xsan 2.1.1 Admin Update (4.2 MB)
The 2.1.1 update is recommended for all systems running Xsan 2. This update includes general administration fixes for remotely administering, configuring and maintaining Xsan deployments, and includes specific fixes for:
- using SAN Setup Assistant to configure volumes, LUNs and affinities
- changing a computer between client and metadata controller roles
- listing computers connected to the SAN
- visually displaying when LUNs have been truncated
For detailed information on these updates, see Apple's About the Xsan 2.1.1 Update document.