Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard First Impressions
Despite Apple's efforts to restrict seeding to select individuals, it appears that the final build of Leopard has made its way outside of Apple. One individual who has claimed to have installed the final version of Leopard on their iMac posted his experience. The Mac OS X upgrade took 30 minutes and these were his first impressions:
• All my applications and settings were retained
• Time Machine asked me on the first time I started in leopard, which of my five external Hard Drives should be used for backups. I didn't have to configure anything else
• When I started Mail for the first time, it had to upgrade the mail database. After that, Mail is blazing fast!
• I told Mail to import my RSS Feeds from Safari but that didn't work!
• Reading RSS in Mail is nice to have
• Tasks in Mail appear even if completed. That might be a bit distracting for some people
• Mail is FAST! Seeing is believing!
• Finder: Well, the first time it ran, it hanged! After killing the process, I was amazed by the speed and coverflow!
• Quick View: COOL - GREAT FEATURE
• Safari is blazing fast!
• .mac has the option to synchronize settings and Dock items
• Stacks: I am not impressed. I like the downloads stack though. I had to manually change the path in Mail and Safari though!
• Spaces: I created 4 Spaces and I find it a very cool feature, especially the live ala expose preview
• Applications start instantly, especially iLife and iWork!
• iCal is much better. There is an inline editor and an event drop box now
• Contacts is more or less the same
• iTunes seems much faster than before
Apple's Mac OS X Leopard 10.5 operating system officially launches on Friday, October 26th, 2007.
Copies of Mac OS X Leopard not sanctioned by Apple may reflect illegal distribution of copyrighted material and cannot be condoned. Any requests for or provision of illegal software distributions in our forums will result in post deletion and account banning.
The Apple Watch Series 8 could feature an all-new design with a flat display, according to the leaker known as "ShrimpApplePro."
In his latest video on the YouTube channel Front Page Tech, Jon Prosser highlighted information from ShrimpApplePro that suggests the Apple Watch Series 8 could feature a flat display in what seems to be a design originally rumored for the Apple Watch Series 7. ...
While Apple's early M1-based Macs can only officially support a single external display, there are ways around the limitation. Anker is launching a new 10-in-1 USB-C docking station today which delivers just that.
The Anker 563 USB-C dock includes two HDMI ports and a DisplayPort port, and it leverages DisplayLink to carry multiple video signals over a single connection. Given that this hub...
Apple today released macOS Monterey 12.4, the fourth major update to the macOS Monterey operating system that launched in October 2021. macOS Monterey 12.4 comes over two months after the launch of macOS Monterey 12.3, an update that added Universal Control.
The macOS Monterey 12.4 update can be downloaded on all eligible Macs using the Software Update section of System...
WhatsApp is working on a new feature that will allow users to "silently" leave group chats hosted by the messaging platform instead of all members of the group being notified when they do.
As it stands, when someone leaves a group chat, WhatsApp announces their exit to the entire group, making the act of leaving very public. It's not possible right now to leave a group quietly, but WhatsApp...
Apple today shared a new ad highlighting iPhone privacy features like App Tracking Transparency and Mail Privacy Protection that are designed to give users more transparency and control when it comes to their personal data being collected.
The ad revolves around a young woman named Ellie who discovers that her personal data is being sold at an auction house, with bids being placed on her...
Apple's AirPods ruptured the eardrums of a 12-year-old boy in 2020 when a loud Amber Alert was issued, according to a lawsuit filed against Apple in California (via Law360).
The child, identified as B.G. in the filing, was watching a movie on Netflix on his iPhone in 2020 while wearing AirPods Pro. The AirPods Pro were allegedly set at a low volume, but an Amber Alert sounded without warning ...
Apple retail employees at around 100 stores will need to go back to wearing a mask while working, according to Bloomberg's Mark Gurman. Apple is mandating masks for employees again due to a rising number of COVID cases across the United States.
Customers who visit an Apple Store are not required to wear a mask at this time, but Apple is continuing to recommend masks for all Apple Store...