On the market for an iPhone? Here's a breakdown of all the currently shipping iPhones from Apple.
Apple Rackmount Event
1U Server Solution
Dual 1GHZ G4, 256K L2, 4MB DDR L3 cache
up to 2GB DDR SDRAM
a PCI slot with GigabitEthernet (2 total)
Quad ATA/100 drives
2 64/66MHZ PCI Slots.
"This is the fastest architecture we've ever built," said Jobs
Hot pluggable drives that pull out of the front.
$2999 Single 1GHz, 256DDR, 60GB
$3999 Dual 1GHz, 512DDR, 60GB (???)
Ships in June.
Official Press Release - Specs a little different:
* single or dual 1 GHz PowerPC G4 processors;
* 2MB DDR L3 cache per processor;
* three PCI slots, two of which are 64-bit, 66 MHz PCI slots for high single or dual 1 GHz PowerPC G4 processors; (ed note: three?)
* software RAID
* 3 400Mbps Firewire ports. one in front
* an optional AGP 4x graphics card (?)
-- single 1 GHz PowerPC G4 processor, 256MB DDR RAM, 60GB ATA/100 Apple Drive Module, dual Gigabit Ethernet, CD-ROM and Mac OS X Server with unlimited clients for a suggested list price of $2,999 (US); and
-- dual 1 GHz PowerPC G4 processors, 512MB DDR RAM, 60GB ATA/100 Apple Drive Module, dual Gigabit Ethernet, CD-ROM and Mac OS X Server with unlimited clients for a suggested list price of $3,999 (US).
Oracle 9i on OS X
One more thing....
Each has an independent ATA controller that goes to the heart of the system. 128MB processor cache in the RAID processor. Redundant drive cache, redundant fans. Will be Available by the end of calendar year 2002.
* 3U height
* 14 drive bays
* 14 120GB ATA drives - in same hot-plug format as Xserve
* Dual 2GB Fibre Channel on system
* 400MB/second storage throughput