In iOS 14, Apple tweaked its stock Photos app to improve user navigation, discoverability, and album management. One of these improvements is the addition of new sort options within albums.
The new sort options enable you to view the contents of your albums in order from oldest to newest, newest to oldest, or in a custom order entirely of your choosing, making it easier to find what you're looking for.
The following steps show you how to find and use the new photo album sort options on iPhones and iPads running iOS 14 and later.
- Launch the stock Photos app on your iOS device.
- Tap the Albums button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select an album to sort.
- Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select Sort from the pop-up menu.
- Choose from Custom Order, Oldest to Newest, or Newest to Oldest.
In iOS 14, Apple also introduced new filters to help you find the photos you're looking for or discover ones you may have forgotten. For more on all the changes in the Photos app, see our dedicated guide.